NWWC Policy Regarding the Coronavirus (COVID19)
At this time, NWWC is continuing to make efforts to minimize exposure and reduce transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID19). It is important to stay home if you are sick to prevent spreading the virus. Please help us protect our vulnerable patient population by asking yourself these questions before coming in for your appointment.
Do you have symptoms?
- Fever (temperature above 100.4 degrees)
- Shortness of breath, or lower respiratory infection symptoms
- Body aches / muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Have you had potential exposure?
- Have you had contact with anyone with a laboratory confirmed case of Covid-19 (Coronavirus)?
If you answer YES to any of the above questions, please call the clinic so we can assess risk. It will be important to know when travel/exposure may have occurred, or if you are experiencing any symptoms. If NWWC assesses you to be at risk, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment to a future date for the safety of our staff and patients. You may be asked to be cleared by another doctor, and the Oregon Health Authority may be contacted. Coronavirus testing can be done only by an Oregon State Public Health Lab.
Refer to the CDC website for updates regarding the Coronavirus, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
How to Protect Yourself and Your Family
Coronavirus is similar to a common cold and/or flu. It is spread from person to person through droplets in the air usually from a sneeze or cough. The most effective way to protect yourself and your family is to avoid exposure.
- Wash your hands often using soap and water for no less than 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a mask or tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as door knobs, handles, phones, etc.
Social Distance Policy
To protect our patients and staff, please limit the number of family and support members that you bring to your appointments. NWWC asks that you do NOT bring anyone who is sick.
NWWC is now offering Telemedicine visits for any OB/GYN visits that don’t require a physical examination and especially for consult appointments. Please call our office at 503-416-9922 or contact us through the patient portal in order to schedule a Telemedicine/Telehealth visit. We are currently using our EMR (Athena Health) system as our platform for this, so check to see if you have a computer or device that has a webcam and a microphone in order to see and hear us during this visit. You will get a link through your email or text message to click the morning of your appointment. Please also click on the link below to consent to a telemedicine visit and fax it to our office at 503-416-9970 or call and we can give you an email address to send it to. Please see our Telemedicine page for more information!
Telemed Consent Form